Hot Dogs ~ No, Not Boring

 So tonight we had hot dogs. I know, I know - hot dogs? Really? How boring. Listen Linda, no meal is ever boring when you make it your own. It's really what I wanted to eat yesterday but I didn't have enough slaw. My family has been through countless brands of hotdogs over the years. Oscar Meyer, Ball Park, just to name a few. I like the "everything" dogs, my husband is an "all beef" only kinda guy. Only until a few years ago my husband and father-in-law went golfing, I guess it's customary to stop mid way through the holes and eat a hot dog. I wouldn't know, I'm not a golfer. He said, "Babe, you have got to try this hot dog I had today on the golf course. It was so good I asked the server girl what the brand was!" I was leery cuz I don't care for the all beef, but he was so excited (like a little child) I couldn't let him down. He said they are bun length skinless Nathans. My face I'm sure showed that I was less than thrilled. Buuuuut, it really was delicious!! I was shocked. Needless to say we have saved a ton of money on buying the one type of hot dog from then on out. 

So today I heated up a can of chili, cut an onion, store bought slaw, melty cheese, a dash of celery salt, with the cheese filled Nathans on a bun. Side of tortilla chips & a Bud Light, cuz why not.


Happy Dinner, y'all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog